Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Global Peace - Is It Possible? LBC Post

can't believe it's Friday already and time for another LBC post.  The Loose Blogger's Consortium (LBC) is a blogging group consisting of about half a dozen of us who blog together every Friday on the same topic.  We are indebted to Ramana (aka blogger Rummuser) for this week's topic.  Instead of just giving a straightforward topic like anyone else would, he posed a question instead.  Is global peace possible? he asked.  I decided to answer his question in a Tweet sized sentence.



Is global peace possible?  Of course it is. If everyone gets in harmony with each other.   But will it happen?  How on earth would I know?


As we say in Ireland (well, as they used to say when I lived there two decades ago), that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks to All-Free-Download for the photo.  Thanks to Lettercount for their character counting facilities.  And thanks to my LBC group for being there every Friday in blogging solidarity.

6 comments:

Delirious said...

I don't think that it is possible because humans are too selfish and power hungry. In Christianity we believe that Christ will return and rule on the Earth. That is the only way true global peace can happen I think. Because for now, we have imperfect people governing imperfect countries, and too much corruption going on in between.

Rummuser said...

Let us agree to disagree.

Maxi said...

You made me laugh with your response, Maria. I bet it would be the answer most people would give.
blessings ~ maxi

shackman said...

Possible? Sure - will it happen? Not a chance in hedoublehockeysticks - LOL

cedar51 said...

LOL

love the answer with a question and of course the Irish saying which is common among certain generations here...

Grannymar said...

We need to get rid of greed and organised religions for any hope of world peace!