Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Self Improvement

Yesterday, I was unwell.  I had a headache and I just rested for the day.  I slept while the kids were at school.  I ordered  pizza delivery and generally just lazed about.  But I didn't enjoy it, I felt awful.  I felt so helpless.

I know what I have to do.  Drink plenty of water.  Take my medicines on time.  Make sure to get to bed on time and make sure I get my eight hours of sleep.

I love my sleep, but the trouble is, I never really want to sleep in case I miss something.

As soon as the kids are asleep at night (well, the younger ones obviously) I have a hundred and one things I want to do.  But that's not really good for me so I've got to try and have a more level headed approach to life.

There's a family wedding to attend in Delhi the first week in February too.  I have to go shopping and I'm dreading it.  Shopping in India is both an art and a science.  I don't know if I'll ever be up to it.

But this weekend is a holiday weekend in India.  The 26th January is Republic Day.  That's the the modern nation of India got it's Constituiton.  So I'll relax and enjoy the holiday and plan my next move.

Self improvement?  Could always try some yoga asanas I suppose.  My late father in law swore by them.

Happy Republic Day to all my Indian friends.  And happy Australia day to my Australian friends.  Both on 26th January.

I love this photo which I put up on my Facebook page in the last fortnight.  I clicked it from my cameraphone.  The roses are still blooming in our garden with their rich perfume, even in the midst of a cold snap.  Indian roses are so beautiful, you feel happy just looking at them.

This is my weekly post for my blogging group, the Loose Blogging Consortium. We post weekly (usually simultaneously) on a given topic and visit each other to see the different takes we have on the same topic.  We are, in alphabetical order, AnuDeliriousRummuserGrannymarMaxi, Magpie, Maria SFocdwriterPadmumPaul, The Old FossilShackman and Will. If you have time, please visit my friends too.  The topic 'Self Improvement ' was given by Ramana the Rummuser, and is just about typical.  I'm sure he has some wonderfully erudite post on this very topic in which he imparts pearls of wisdom to his followers.  I am sure he dreams of setting up an ashram where he can coax thousands of  beautiful, rich women to part with thousands of dollars in aid of his yet to be set up charitable trust which can easily be diverted into his .......oh, don't mind me, I'm just joking.....LOL.

8 comments:

Rummuser said...

Instead of improvement, if you use change, perhaps your head aches will stop bothering you.

Ursula said...

How many times have I said it, Maria: You fret too much; you are too hard on yourself. No wonder you have a headache.

I too like sleep but only for one reason: Dreams. My dreams are outrageous(ly entertaining). But there is only so much a sane woman can take. Which is why I keep sleep to a minimum. Giving me a lot of time to squander at leisure. No joke.

If I lived round your corner I'd take your kids off you every so often. Read them stories and generally keep them entertained till they can't resist the urge to go back home.

Other than that, and leaving Yoga aside: As long as you can touch the floor with your hands flat on the ground(and straight knees) you are fine. Just fine.

U

Maxi said...

Sorry you're not feeling well, Maria. Hope you get better soon.

I think a rose is beautiful no matter where it blooms.

Blessings ~ Maxi

Mimi said...

It seems that bug made its way to India too; you did right to rest and drink water.
Your rose is beautiful, they are my all-time favourite flower, and I think it is impossible to inhale that scent and not feel uplifted. I actually have roses still blooming in my garden too! Unbelievable, especially as we had a few flurries of snow last week.

Delirious said...

The rose is GORGEOUS! I'm like you, I have shopping to do today and I am dreading it. It's so physically exhausting. But at least I got a fair amount of sleep last night. :)

Karen said...

Hope you're feeling better now, it's hard enough to get everything done at the best of times, and we do put a lot of pressure on ourselves. Take care :o)

Grannymar said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. I had a very busy weekend with Elly, George and Buffy, so saved my blog reading until today.

Why not ask a friend to go shopping with you, it can be so much fun and a second opinion on a purchase is always good.

Keep smelling the roses!

Medeia Sharif said...

I usually sleep fine, but some nights I have my mind on all the things I have to do.

That's a beautiful rose.