Skip to main content

Commenting After a Long Break

Welcome to the weekly post feature originally created by Unknown Mami in which she (when time and kids allow), I and hopefully a few more bloggers linking up post on comments.  It could be comments made on our blogs or comments we've made on other blogs.  Some of the best things which happen in the blogosphere happen in the comment boxes.

Although commenting is always something of a blogging priority for me, I've been commenting less and less lately.  I still follow my favourite blogs through the RSS feed which miraculously comes to my mobile, but while I can read posts to my hearts content while waiting for the kettle to boil or the washing machine to finish rinsing, the comment just doesn't seem to happen so easily.  So I thought I'd make a special effort to visit the blogs of some of my blogging friends this week on my  computer so I could comment.

My first visit was to Ayak's Turkish Delight.  She had a terrific post on the dying villages in her part of Turkey.  I found her post about a disappearing way of life very moving and it made me really think.  I commented:

Life is changing everywhere in the world, Linda.  Sad that the villages are dying out but I'm sad that the women don't seem to have much of a life.

Hopefully things will change for the better.

My next stop was at Zuzana's blog Life Through Reflections.  Zuzana is a scientist who thinks very deeply on all matters pertaining to life and happiness.  I find her thoughts fascinating.  She has actually instilled a sense of peace in her blog which is very refreshing.  I love visiting.  In her current post, she mentioned that her life was going through some momentous changes which  she didn't feel very comfortable sharing, hence she was taking a break.  I commented:

I look forward to your returning to posting Zuzana.  I can understand your need to write yet your need to maintain your privacy.  I often have a conflict with myself about how much I should share of myself on my blog.  That's probably why I do so many meme posts.

Then I visited my old friend Elizabeth Harper of the Gifts of the Journey blog, who had an interesting post discussing her wish list and the possibility of bumping into a celebrity.  I commented:

Whenever I run into any celebrity (and believe me, that very rarely happens) I try to keep to myself.  I figure that they don't want another person drooling all over them and saying 'I buy all your records' or whatever.  Once, back in the seventies, a girl in my class who idolized the singer Chris De Burgh (successful recording artist) actually bumped into him on a Dublin street and in her joy and to her everlasting embarrassment she did exactly what I described above.  The last I heard of that girl, she was performing one of Chris's classic numbers at someone's party.  That was only a few months ago so I guess she's a confirmed fan.

I'm trying to keep up with the blogs I follow and I am certainly not interested in being found wanting where commenting is concerned.

That's all for this week.  If anyone is ready to do an I Comment Therefore I Am post, please copy the badge and let me know so we can link up.

This feature was created by Unknown Mami and currently hosted by gaelikaa.

Intense Debate comment system is installed. If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the title of this post and allow a little time for the comment system to load - thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Global Peace - Is It Possible? LBC Post

I can't believe it's Friday already and time for another LBC post.  The Loose Blogger's Consortium (LBC) is a blogging group consisting of about half a dozen of us who blog together every Friday on the same topic.  We are indebted to Ramana (aka blogger Rummuser) for this week's topic.  Instead of just giving a straightforward topic like anyone else would, he posed a question instead.  Is global peace possible? he asked.  I decided to answer his question in a Tweet sized sentence.



Is global peace possible?  Of course it is. If everyone gets in harmony with each other.   But will it happen?  How on earth would I know?


As we say in Ireland (well, as they used to say when I lived there two decades ago), that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks to All-Free-Download for the photo.  Thanks to Lettercount for their character counting facilities.  And thanks to my LBC group for being there every Friday in blogging solidarity.

Good Intentions

I had great intentions for this week.  I'd write a thousand words every day, review six books, get my Loose Bloggers Consortium (LBC) post up well in advance.  And did I?  No, no, no.  I wrote about two hundred words per day and have been trying to read and review two books and still not finished reading.  My target of 19,000 words until today by now is around 15,000 on my 100kWords in 100 Days Challenge.  It seems I'm just not cutting the mustard.

I have the intentions.  I just don't seem to have the mojo to carry out the things I want to do. So many intentions, not enough time.  I've not been sleeping well lately.  Probably very tired.

So - my intention now is to try to get more sleep.  Then carry out the original intentions.That' what I intend to do.  As of now.  Meanwhile, my post is up one day late.

I had to go out to the bank this morning to get some pending work finished.  I clicked the above picture en route.  It seems that after a three week winter, we're…

April Fool (LBC Post)

One morning, when I went to school in 1977, or was it 1978, when I was a first or second year student in the Irish secondary school system (which is 7th or 8th Class in India) I noticed something very odd indeed. It was a notice pinned to the notice board. It read as follows:

THE INTER HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

'The Inter' or the Intermediate Certificate Examination as it was known then, now the Junior Certificate Examination, was a pretty crucial examination. It's called the 'Class Ten Board Examination' in India and the High School Certificate elsewhere.

I knew something was wrong, but couldn't quite figure it out. The notice sparked a minor frenzy. When the date was revealed to be April the 1st, everything made sense.

It's strange how the 1st April can take some people by surprise.

I haven't noticed anything unusual this year. Except that today, I have a rather horrible toothache. But I'll have to go get it sorted.

April Fool jokes are…