Skip to main content

Writer's Block - Sort of!

I don't know what on earth is wrong with me nowadays.  I'm around all right, but I haven't posted here in ages.  I just totally seem to lack the presence of mind to post regularly here.  That's really great coming from a woman who prides herself on never having suffered from writer's block.  Well, I've got my comeuppance now, for sure!

I saw this nice buffalo hanging around my gate one day recently.  Stray dogs are all around the area, and stray cows they are in great demand.  Well, maybe not in demand, but they're definitely around.   A couple of years ago, stray pigs were all over the place too but there was a bit of a cleanup and now there's ne'er a stray pig to be seen.  One runs into the odd monkey and God knows I've blogged about it here.  But a stray buffalo?  Well they're pretty rare.  Honestly, I just left a few leftover chappatis out in case a stray cow strolled by and next thing I knew this great lumbering creature appeared from....well, nowhere and started eating.  Luckily, I was carrying my mobile so I caught the moment for eternity and well - here he is.

That was over a week ago.  He hasn't showed up again since.


I have been awarded this gorgeous Stylish Blogger Award by the one and only Rummuser my acquired elder brother (apologies are due to Padmini, his real sister, for stealing her brother, but heck, Padmini, you've got three and I've got none.  What's a girl to do?).

This Stylish Blogger Award comes with a few rules attached. 

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.  Easy enough.  Thanks, Rummuser xxxx

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

  • I don't believe in astrology but I am a Taurean and amazingly enough, a typical Taurean.  I have a hot temper, a thick neck, a tendency to throat infections when my immunity runs low and a tendency to use extremely earthy language when I am pushed to my limits.
  • My blood group is A positive.
  • I'm addicted to writing, tea and chocolate.
  • I kissed the Blarney Stone and have the gift of the gab.  In short, I could talk the hind leg off a donkey.
  • My husband, for some reason, describes me as a militant feminist.  Darling, I don't know where you got that idea!
  • My kids are extremely protective of and possessive about me. I can't walk down the street but one of them (or all four) runs after me.  Two sons and two daughters, ages from seven to fifteen.
  • I've (almost) written a novel and have written dozens of short stories and innumerable blog posts.
3. Award 5 other bloggers.

I nominate:  Amanda at Writing Allsorts, Susan at Stony River, Jenny Matlock at Off on my Tangent, Maggie May at Nuts in May and Suzanne Jones her eponymous blog.  Now please don't go and tell me that you've gone award free.  If you have this already, it's okay, just accept the award and skip the tag.  Fine with me.  Even if you haven't received the award and want to skip the tag, it's still all right with me!

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.  It shall be done.

Well, I hope that puts an end to this xyz****### period of writer's block which I am now attempting to get over at the earliest possible date.

I think I'll go and meditate for a while.  That usually does the trick.

Intense Debate comment system is installed.  I've been informed by a friend that the system doesn't seem to work out on the Firefox browser.  I hope that's temporary.   If you would like to leave a comment, please click on the title

Popular posts from this blog

Global Peace - Is It Possible? LBC Post

I can't believe it's Friday already and time for another LBC post.  The Loose Blogger's Consortium (LBC) is a blogging group consisting of about half a dozen of us who blog together every Friday on the same topic.  We are indebted to Ramana (aka blogger Rummuser) for this week's topic.  Instead of just giving a straightforward topic like anyone else would, he posed a question instead.  Is global peace possible? he asked.  I decided to answer his question in a Tweet sized sentence.



Is global peace possible?  Of course it is. If everyone gets in harmony with each other.   But will it happen?  How on earth would I know?


As we say in Ireland (well, as they used to say when I lived there two decades ago), that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thanks to All-Free-Download for the photo.  Thanks to Lettercount for their character counting facilities.  And thanks to my LBC group for being there every Friday in blogging solidarity.

Good Intentions

I had great intentions for this week.  I'd write a thousand words every day, review six books, get my Loose Bloggers Consortium (LBC) post up well in advance.  And did I?  No, no, no.  I wrote about two hundred words per day and have been trying to read and review two books and still not finished reading.  My target of 19,000 words until today by now is around 15,000 on my 100kWords in 100 Days Challenge.  It seems I'm just not cutting the mustard.

I have the intentions.  I just don't seem to have the mojo to carry out the things I want to do. So many intentions, not enough time.  I've not been sleeping well lately.  Probably very tired.

So - my intention now is to try to get more sleep.  Then carry out the original intentions.That' what I intend to do.  As of now.  Meanwhile, my post is up one day late.

I had to go out to the bank this morning to get some pending work finished.  I clicked the above picture en route.  It seems that after a three week winter, we're…

April Fool (LBC Post)

One morning, when I went to school in 1977, or was it 1978, when I was a first or second year student in the Irish secondary school system (which is 7th or 8th Class in India) I noticed something very odd indeed. It was a notice pinned to the notice board. It read as follows:

THE INTER HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

'The Inter' or the Intermediate Certificate Examination as it was known then, now the Junior Certificate Examination, was a pretty crucial examination. It's called the 'Class Ten Board Examination' in India and the High School Certificate elsewhere.

I knew something was wrong, but couldn't quite figure it out. The notice sparked a minor frenzy. When the date was revealed to be April the 1st, everything made sense.

It's strange how the 1st April can take some people by surprise.

I haven't noticed anything unusual this year. Except that today, I have a rather horrible toothache. But I'll have to go get it sorted.

April Fool jokes are…